Sunday, December 20, 2015

It's been awhile!

There has been so much going on, I can't believe that three months have nearly passed since the last entry.  I'm sure my "fans" are just distraught that I haven't been on here, ha ha.
I'm going to try to go back to October and start from there.

This is now OLD NEWS but we have moved into our new-beautiful house!!! That weekend was definitely one to go down in the books!  We had all these plans to get things moved in with minimal hassle and as less drama as we could but someone had different plans.
The Wednesday before we were to close on our house Ms. Darcy had an Ophthalmologist appointment in which they dilated her little eyes, well that stress then flared up her seizures again.
It wasn't just one or two seizures, nope our not-so-textbook baby had 19 seizures in three days!  So with the stress of moving we also had some added stress of trying to get these seizures under control.  Luckily again we had the best help/advice from our NP Amanda and by Sunday our little girl was back to her normal self (what a long weekend).

After move-in weekend was behind us we were moving on to Darcy's 1st birthday!  I'm pretty sure I was shooting for the moon when I decided to have her birthday party here at our house... oh yeah the one we had only owned for a WEEK!  But that definitely gave us motivation not to be sitting around, so we got everything unpacked and somewhat organized by the time the party was here.  We did have some amazing help from all our parents on move-in weekend so that was a huge bonus.
Luckily, Darcy's first birthday was a success and we enjoyed having everyone under our roof and sharing in on such an amazing day.

Then the following week I took a short Girl's trip to Vegas.  I can't say much, because you know "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," but we went out solely to see Ms. Britney Spears and of course she delivered.

Now on to November.  It was actually a quiet month, thank the Lord!  Thanksgiving was in Litchfield, which is always fun to see family and friends!  We enjoy going back and basically picking up right were we left off.  Ruby started swimming lessons, she had been doing dance and was doing well when she got into class but getting her to class was a struggle (which I'm not really sure why because she LOVES to dance around the house... if I had to guess it was taking directions on how and when to dance, she likes to dance to her own beat.). BUT... she loves swimming and has done so well with it.  Which, to me knowing how to swim far exceed knowing how to "technically" dance.  She just finished up this session and we have her signed up again in January.  Darcy, well she is literally into everything.  She is a carefree, put anything and everything in your mouth kind of girl, which is completely opposite of when Ruby was baby.  Ruby is Miss Conservative, never really doing anything that a normal baby would do, so having a polar opposite is definitely keeping Eric and I on our toes... oh and Ruby because she is our little watcher!

DECEMBER!!!  How can it be almost Christmas??  Seriously it is this week!!??  My December has flown by, being busy at work and then a non-stop house, definitely called for a few more beers and a little more Baileys!!
Then there is shopping for the main even, I thought I had a good start shopping and getting ready for this in November, but now that it is almost here I'm catching myself wondering what did I even buy?  Does this happen to everyone?  I seriously should have made a list of what I bought and then maybe I wouldn't be buying everything I see now!  And WHY are husbands so hard to buy for?  Oh maybe because my husband will go all year and not buy himself anything, and then when Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll around the guy gets a new wardrobe!!! WTH!?  I've done a lot of crafty things this weekend for gifts, which I love to do just never have time.

I don't see January slowing down much, we kick off the new year with Ruby's birthday, which of course I have yet to get anything started so this week after I feel like I cannot do anything else for Christmas I will be working on a birthday celebration.  And a CELEBRATION it must be, this girl has some HIGH expectations!!!  WOW.

Cheers Everyone to a Happy Holiday season and a Gloriously Blessed 2016...maybe my New Year Resolution will be to blog more (easier than getting into shape :-)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment